The laboratory of Dr. Meng Zhao is seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow/Assistant Staff Scientist to investigate the metabolic regulation of innate like T cells in the pathogenesis of human diseases. Our study has demonstrated that iNKT cells, especially the IFNg secreting subset of iNKT cells, suppress arthritis development, and have great potential as a therapeutic target (Zhao et al. Nature Comm 2018). The postdoctoral fellow’s project is built upon these exciting discoveries, and focuses on understanding the mechanistic interaction between metabolic remodeling and immune functions during the development of autoimmune or infectious diseases. The postdoctoral fellow will work with cutting edge resources including high resolution microscopy, novel genetically modified mouse models, metabolomic analysis, and single cell transcriptomic analysis.
Founded in 1946, the Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation is one of the nation’s oldest and most respected nonprofit biomedical research institutes. OMRF has made The Scientist magazine’s annual list of the “Best Places to Work for Postdocs” for many years. Arthritis and Clinical Immunology Program is the home base for one of only 10 Autoimmune Centers of Excellence (ACE) in the US. Apart from the close mentorship from Dr. Zhao, the postdoctoral fellow will benefit from departmental journal clubs, seminar series, and the expertise from diverse approaches in the program and the institute. Moreover, postdoctoral fellows are encouraged to apply for OMRF Postdoc Travel Awards to support their attendance at scientific meetings nationally and internationally.
Join a welcoming, dynamic, diverse, diligent Human Resources team and make a difference! We seek a super organized, highly confidential individual with a keen attention to detail and strong communication skills. This essential position involves performing the day-to-day responsibilities in HRIS entry, reporting, and other employee recordkeeping areas. Vital functions include assisting with payroll processing, filing personnel and benefits forms, updating internal and external website information, answering phones, providing general customer service, acting as a positive OMRF ambassador, and verifying and maintaining I-9 documentation. Our new teammate may also submit background checks, process new hires, run and distribute various reports, track review forms and other data, act as department assistant backup, provide project assistance, offer recommendations for processes, and perform other duties as assigned.
OMRF is an independent, nonprofit biomedical research institute dedicated to understanding and developing more effective treatments for human disease like Alzheimer’s disease, cancer, lupus, Multiple Sclerosis, and cardiovascular disease. By employee votes, OMRF has won a Top Workplace award every year since the contest began.
OMRF’s excellence can only be fully realized by individuals who share our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. Successful candidates will demonstrate commitment to these values. OMRF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disabled/Veteran Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
The Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation Multiple Sclerosis Center of Excellence is seeking a Physician Assistant or APRN to provide outpatient care to Multiple Sclerosis patients. This is a temporary position through June 30, 2022. Part-time or full-time.
Provides clinical care to patients under the supervision of a Physician. Reviews medical records, performs physical exams, and completes documentation via Electronic Medical/Health Records. Assists with and/or performs disease-oriented clinical procedures. Assesses, determines, plans, and implements patient care. Also participates in care before, during, and after clinical research studies, ensuring compliance with study protocols and adherence to timelines. Performs clinical evaluations for assessing disease activity for clinical trials. May obtain informed consent and participates in clinical trial training programs. Provides illness, disease and study process and protocol education to patients, participants, and other health care providers. Retains accurate, detailed records, maintains confidentiality according to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and ensures safety procedures are followed.
Scholars work for 8 weeks in the summer (typically June through July) in state-of-the-art biomedical research laboratories on individual projects and are supervised by senior members of the OMRF scientific staff. Scholars attend weekly seminars as well as occasional social events as a group. On the final day of the program, scholars give formal scientific seminars outlining the findings of their projects. Each scholar also writes a scientific paper summarizing their summer project.
All complete application packets must be submitted or postmarked by February 2,2022.
Fleming Scholars work for 8 weeks in the summer (typically June through July) in state-of-the-art biomedical research laboratories on individual projects and are supervised by senior members of the OMRF scientific staff. Scholars attend weekly seminars as well as occasional social events as a group. On the final day of the program, scholars give formal scientific seminars outlining the findings of their projects. Each scholar also writes a scientific paper summarizing their summer project.
All complete application packets must be submitted or postmarked by February 1,2022.
Hematopoiesis and Immunology Research:
The Alberola-Ila lab is hiring a Research Technician to assist in multidisciplinary research on development and function of immune cells. Duties include implementation and management of animal and tissue specimen analysis using tissue culture, flow cytometry, PCR. Animal work is required. Additional duties include data entry and analysis, assisting with lab maintenance, and participating in weekly lab meetings. Training will be provided.
OMRF offers a unique opportunity to meet the information technology business system needs of a lifesaving biomedical research institution with a culture of teamwork, service, meeting challenges, and continuous learning. At OMRF you will enjoy the rewards of supporting medical discoveries that make a difference so that more may live longer, healthier lives. If you enjoy innovation, you will love working at OMRF. Innovation is in our DNA. For the past eight years OMRF has been one of the top places to work in Oklahoma taking first or second place the last four years.
This job includes business software development, database administration, analysis, and application support as part of the IT Business Technology team. The ideal candidate should be experienced with major web technologies as a full-stack .Net web developer / DBA crossover to design and develop custom intranet and internet applications, and code integrations with 3rd party systems. The position is also responsible for administering multiple database servers and providing a high level of service and uptime. This position requires practical business knowledge, creativity, customer/end-user focus, and a team-oriented collaborative mindset.
The ideal candidate:
•Flexible and fit well with our IT team in each of these areas of responsibility. •Develop, test and debug programs and maintain moderately complex web-based interactive programs.•Participate in creating functional and technical specifications documentation.•Proficient with SQL Server administration and writing SQL scripts.•Self-motivated and skilled in organizing, and project/task prioritization. •Proficient at communication through verbal and other various electronic channels (Slack, email, documentation, etc.).•Proficient in skills related to critical analysis and problem resolution.•Experience working in Agile teams.
This job is for you, if you …
•Can succeed while managing multiple roles and responsibilities.•Enjoy creating software as the primary role with database administration as a secondary role.•Love to learn new things and excel at the challenges presented by supporting the research endeavor.
This position reports to the IT Business Technology manager. OMRFIT offers flexible work schedules to allow staff to work from home and the office, especially after the 90-day introductory period is completed.
Greets and registers incoming patients to the MS Clinic, collects patient data, enters demographic and insurance information with a high degree of accuracy. Confirms and schedules appointments, collects co-payments, and verifies insurance.
• Open and close the clinic
• Answer and correctly route all incoming calls and respond appropriately to inquiries and requests for information
• Greet patients and other individuals with clinic business. Direct patients and/or visitors to various clinic areas. Assure cleanliness and organization of waiting room.
• Enter patient information on all new patients as well as periodic updating of established patient accounts regarding address, charges incurred, insurance, etc.
• Maintain patient charts and medical records. Ensure completion of and obtain signatures on all necessary forms and documents required by clinic and by law. Photocopy medical records and send out when authorized.
• Consistently obtain and copy/scan insurance cards and drivers licenses
• Utilize online programs to verify insurance eligibility and benefits, documenting findings on the patient account. Contact insurance companies for pre-authorizations and pre-certifications as required prior to patient receiving services.
• Review insurance verification and advise patient of third party benefits. Explain third party and self-pay portion of bills to patients and/or guarantor.
• Collect copayment. Communicate in a professional manner to patients regarding all outstanding balances. Evaluate financial status of patient’s accounts, initiate and make payment arrangements, and maintain a continuous follow up process on all accounts to minimize loss in revenue.
• Log cash collected, generate receipts, and maintain balanced cash at all times
• Gather and route billing information appropriately and manage billing work queues and inquiries
• Maintain clinic schedule including setting patient appointments, confirming appointments with reminder calls, and amending provider schedules according to availability
• Prepare and send general correspondence and patient letters as directed by providers and/or clinic manager
• Receive and distribute mail
• Schedule referrals as directed by the providers to other physicians and/or ancillary services
• Monitor office supplies in work area to ensure adequate inventory level and advise supervisor of malfunctioning office equipment
• Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position
Part-time position (25 – 30 hr/wk) person needed for preparation of biological samples of microscopic analysis using paraffin, cryo and/ or resin fixation, embedding and sectioning techniques. Will perform special staining and protocol design as well as routine maintenance on histology equipment. Further training on various microscopes and other instruments will be included based on workload and interest.
The Guthridge lab is seeking a highly organized, motivated individual to contribute to projects investigating autoimmunity and immune responses to vaccination. Duties will include basic immunologic techniques such as ELISA, Western blotting, cellular immunology, molecular biology, processing of blood samples, isolation of DNA, and data entry/analysis. If interested, additional duties may include biostatistical analysis, data visualization or bioinformatics analyses for candidates with relevant skills.
Coordinates and executes Sjögren’s research projects. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to work closely with principal investigators to assist with identification and recruitment of patients and controls into our clinical research projects. The coordinator will work in a Sjögren’s Research Clinic and will be engage directly with subjects participating in research projects performing nursing duties, sample collections, review and abstraction of data from medical records, interface with investigators and clinical coordinators at other research sites, manage and maintain regulatory documents including submissions/reports to the IRB. Comply with FDA, ICH/GCP, and HIPAA rules and regulations.
Tasks require a high level of organizational skills and the ability to ask the right questions to determine proper course of action while following established standards and research protocols.
1. Sjögren’s Research Clinic. Conducts research and assists researchers by recruiting patients, determining eligibility, and seeing patients through research studies including obtaining informed consent, administering questionnaires, taking medical histories, performing study procedures, assisting the clinicians performing invasive procedures, counseling patients, and performing all study related tasks as outlined in study protocols and in adherence with GCP, ICH, and HIPAA regulations.
2. Chart Review. Performs medical chart review to abstract data for research including but not limited to constructing medical history and medications chronology, evaluating disease progression, and mapping symptom and biomarker associations.
3. Communication. Liaises between principal investigator, patients, third party patient care service providers, members of the non-OMRF collaborating sites, and governing agencies to ensure strict adherence to protocol and regulations throughout study conduct. Excellent written and oral communications required.
4. Patient Care. Assesses and records symptoms, vital signs, and other patient information required for research protocols and to prepare patient for examination. Review records for documentation of study inclusion/exclusion criteria. Carries out physician orders for testing and treatment and coordinates follow-up care of patients. Assists patients with immediate post-procedure care after oral and ocular evaluations.
5. Sample Collection. Collects samples from patients including blood, urine, saliva, etc. Prepares samples for analysis or shipment. Collects all laboratory reports, data, and records. Excellent phlebotomy skills required.
6. Data Management. Gathers, organizes, analyzes, and submits patient and research data to principal investigators, scientists, and sponsors. Computer skills required.
7. As Needed. Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position.
The Farris and Lessard labs are seeking a highly organized, motivated individual to contribute to projects investigating inflammation and autoimmunity. Duties will include performance of detailed molecular protocols, molecular cloning, quantitative RT-PCR, basic cell culture, ELISA assays, and organization of data into tabular and graphical forms.
The Cell Cycle and Cancer Biology Research Program Research Program at the Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation (omrf.org) invites candidates to apply for an investigator position at the Assistant Member level (Assistant Professor equivalent). All investigators at OMRF have access to several excellent core facilities, including an Imaging Core, state-of-the-art animal facilities, and modern sequencing/bioinformatic platforms. The successful candidate will receive a generous, multi-year, start-up package with significant salary, equipment, and research funding. OMRF also provides substantial ongoing salary support and research support after the start-up period has ended.
Current investigators in CCCB use diverse models and approaches to study questions in chromosome biology, genome stability, and cell cycle progression. Department faculty are highly interactive (https://omrf.org/cccb). Our recruiting goals are to identify a candidate who will catalyze collaborative research that will support a successful career for the new Member, and also advance the department’s goal of fostering a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment.
OMRF is an independent, not-for-profit biomedical research institute adjacent to the campus of the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (OUHSC) in Oklahoma City. All CCCB investigators hold adjunct appointments in the Department of Cell Biology at OUHSC. These appointments foster active roles for CCCB investigators in graduate student programs and serve as sources of collaborations, as well as joint faculty recruitment efforts. Oklahoma City offers a dynamic and burgeoning midtown area near the campus, and a very reasonable cost of living. For more information about CCCB and this job opening, go to https://omrf.org/cccb-faculty/.
We are committed to addressing additional needs of faculty, including dual career couples and single parents. We are particularly focused on overcoming barriers to gender equity in science. OMRF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
The Srinivasan Lab at Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation (OMRF) studies lymphedema, heart valve disease and obesity. The lab uses state of the art biochemical, cell biological and transgenic technologies to dissect the roles of transcription factors and signaling molecules. Please check our latest publications: Cha et al (2016) Genes Dev. (cover image) June 16; 30: 1-16; Cha et al (2018) Cell Reports. (cover image) October 16; 25(3):571-584; Mahamud et al (2019) Development. November 5;146(21):dev184218 and Geng et al (2020) JCI Insight. (cover image) July 23;5(14):e137652.
We are recruiting highly motivated researchers with experience in Cell biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or Immunology.
HVAC Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing repairs, troubleshooting, and performing preventative maintenance on all OMRF properties. The HVAC Maintenance Technician maintains and improves the condition, quality, and integrity of all building systems. Must be knowledgeable in building control and monitoring systems. This position requires computer work to control and troubleshoot OMRF environment. Participates in on-call emergency rotation and responds to emergencies as needed. Attends and completes required training. Completes repairs and duties as directed in a timely manner. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The Jeffries lab is hiring a Research Technician to help identify, prepare and perform a variety of research experiments according to protocol. Projects and assignments are typically non-routine and variable in nature. Receive no instruction on routine work, but receive instructions on new work or special assignments. Collect and present data to Manager or Principal Investigator. Expected to perform the following duties after appropriate training and time in the position. Expected to assist with (or potentially perform) animal musculoskeletal surgeries following appropriate training.
The Director of the OSCTR Scientific Writing Unit and a Scientific/Medical Writer is responsible for helping lead the Writing Unit, leading writing groups, working with junior investigators on manuscripts/grant applications, and producing accurate, clear, and interesting content for manuscripts, grants, reports, web-posting and presentations.
Applies scientific principles and biomedical knowledge to understand, organize, and describe complex data for scientific, medical, and lay audiences. Coordinates input from a multi-disciplinary team while meeting tight deadlines. Helps write and proofread key documents. Maintains familiarity with relevant research, conducts literature reviews, and manages references. Assists with the design, development, and selection of scientific illustrations, tables, and figures. Submits manuscripts and tracks manuscript status from conceptualization through publication. Identifies funding opportunities. Maintains boilerplate text describing facilities, resources, and standard procedures. Summarizes research results for lay audiences and community stakeholders.
Postdoctoral fellow positions are available in Dr. Wan Hee Yoon’s lab, in Aging & Metabolism Research Program at Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation (OMRF). Yoon lab studies on the pathogenetic mechanisms of human neurological diseases. We are taking a combination of Drosophila genetics, and genomic approaches as well as patient-derived iPSC study. Our group is situated within mitochondria biology and aging biology communities at the OMRF.
The Gorman lab is hiring for an Assistant/Associate/Staff Scientist to design and conduct hypothesis-driven research projects; prepare reports and papers for publication, presentation and future research; assists with grant writing; and may oversee and/or manages research projects, summarize and present results, as well as guiding/leading graduate students, postdocs, and lab staff; may manage staff.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of scientific theory and research
• Demonstrates skill in formulating and testing hypotheses
• Ability to conduct scientific research experiments, analyze, and summarize data and results
• Ability to write and present technical, scientific papers, and to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Mentor students and guide/direct the work of less senior scientists
We are currently accepting applications for positions as an entry-level Post-doctoral research fellow in the Dawson laboratory with an anticipated start date of early Spring 2022. Our research focuses on understanding the mechanisms of chromosome segregation in meiosis and mitosis. We primarily use yeast as a model organism or work in collaboration with our colleague Roberto Pezza in studies using mice. Our lab forms part of the Program in Cell Cycle and Cancer Biology. Applicants should demonstrate enthusiasm for the topic, willingness to learn, and the ability to work independently to develop their project(s), analyze experiments, and prepare manuscripts. Successful candidates will have good written and verbal communication skills and be willing to actively engage intellectually with, and support the efforts of, other laboratory and departmental colleagues. Postdoctoral fellows will benefit from OMRF’s formal post-doc mentoring program involving multiple faculty members, and will receive significant career development support. We are committed to a laboratory of equity, diversity and inclusion, and are especially eager to offer research opportunities that reflect this goal.